Current Grant Application Period for $2,000 Grant Option Runs through December 31, 2016.
Current Grant Application Period for $10,000 Grant Option Runs through December 31, 2016.
Through our Working Here Fund, Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) has set aside grant funds for projects and organizations that make a positive impact in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wyoming.
There are two options of funding available through our Working Here Fund. Both funding options are designed to impact Agriculture Education, Young and Beginning Producers, Hunger and Nutrition and Essential Services/Disaster Relief needs.
- The first option provides grant funding of up to $2,000 each. Grant applications are reviewed quarterly.
A second option of grant funding of up to $10,000 each is available for larger, more long-term community projects. This is being offered in celebration of Farm Credit’s 2016 Centennial. Grant applications are reviewed biannually.
Requests must meet the selection criteria detailed below. Typically, one Working Here Fund grant is awarded to an organization within a 12-month period.
Grant applications are completed online at FCSAmerica.com. Applications for the $2,000 grants are evaluated quarterly and applications for the $10,000 grants are evaluated biannually. The deadline to apply for the current FCSAmerica grant funding cycle is December 31, 2016 for the $2,000 grant option and December 31, 2016 for the $10,000 grant option. Results for the $2,000 grant options will be communicated January 2017 and results for the $10,000 grant option will be communicated in January 2017.
To help determine which grant might better fit your project:
Applicants must demonstrate how contributions will be used for purposes that serve Agriculture Education, Young and Beginning Producers, or Hunger and Nutrition programs as described above.
Qualifying programs must benefit communities within the Farm Credit Services of America service area of Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wyoming.
Grant requests that meet the selection criteria are considered by an FCSAmerica review committee. FCSAmerica gives priority to applications made by nonprofit organizations with an exempt status under IRS section 501(c)(3). Grants will not be awarded to the same or part of the same organization more than one time in a 12-month period.
FCSAmerica may choose to fully or partially fund grant requests. Previous grant funding does not guarantee continuing support to any organization. Grants are discretionary and restricted to a specific purpose. Grant requests must be consistent with the values and mission of FCSAmerica. FCSAmerica will not provide critiques of proposals submitted.
Outlined below is a guide for the types of activities not supported by the FCSAmerica Working Here Fund:
- Programs and projects of charities that do not support agriculture, young and beginning producers, agricultural education, or hunger and nutrition
- Contributions for political support purposes, scholarships, or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations
- Individual or personal endeavors or projects, or individual farm operations
- Participation or entrance fees for charitable events or financing of charitable organizations
- Religious or sectarian programs or groups that benefit the specific organization
- Political campaigns, candidates, lobbying groups, or causes
- Sports teams or athletic events and competition, including equipment or uniforms related to sports
- School activities or school booster club donations, including bands, choirs or fine arts programs
- Private foundations promoting personal hobbies
- Organizations or programs that are inconsistent with or do not align with non-discrimination, ethics, or other FCSAmerica policies, values or mission
- Organizations that in any way pose a conflict with FCSAmerica goals, programs, services, or employees
- Contributions for state annual meetings and regularly scheduled conferences.
The FCSAmerica grant program must be consistent with the values and mission of Farm Credit Services of America, which includes FCSAmerica being in compliance with the Employment Opportunities Act.