Customer privacy is important to Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica). Our most important assets are customer relationships built on trust. We’re committed to making sure that the Internet and telephone transactions with us are safe and secure, and that we use information only as our customers would expect us to use it. We will not collect personal information about you when you visit our Website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
Here is how we will work to protect your transactions:
- We hold any information customers give us in strict confidence.
- We safeguard customer information according to strict standards of security.
- We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about our customers, and we update and test this technology to improve the integrity of our systems.
- We limit the information that we collect and use the minimum amount required to deliver extraordinary service to our customers.
- Only authorized employees or approved contractors of FCSAmerica will be permitted access to this information. We do not sell or trade customer information to any external organization. We may provide customer information to other Farm Credit System institutions with your consent or as allowed or required by law or regulations.
- Providing us with your email address is optional. Having your email address may enable us to communicate on business issues more efficiently. You may also subscribe, through a 3rd party contracted on our behalf, to email updates on news and events, special promotions, new products or services, etc.
- You may unsubscribe from email subscriptions at any time by contacting us:
- By Phone: 1-800-884-3276
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Mail: Marketing & Communications, Farm Credit Services of America, P.O. Box 2409, Omaha, NE 68103-2409
When needed for the purposes of credit reporting, verification and risk management, we exchange information about our customers only with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
Description of Collected Information
If you visit our Website to only browse through the Website, read pages or download information, we collect and store only the following information about you:
- your Internet domain (e.g., xcompany.com) and IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet) from which you access our Website;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our Website;
- the date and time you access our Website;
- the pages you visit; and the address of the Website from which you linked to our Website.
We use this information to help us make our Website more useful to visitors, to measure the number of visitors to our Website, and to learn about the types of technology our visitors use.
Information Collected from Emails or Contacting Us
If you identify yourself by sending an email or contacting us on our Website, you should know that the material you submit may be seen by various people. We may enter the information you send into our database to share with our attorneys and Farm Credit Administration examiners involved in supervision and enforcement or policy development. We may also share it with a wide variety of other government agencies enforcing the law. You may be contacted by us or any of those agencies. In other limited circumstances, including requests from private individuals, we may be required by law to disclose information you submit. Also, email is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes personal information such as your bank account, charge card, or Social Security number, you might want to send it by our secure email system, postal mail, or by calling us at 1-800-884-3276.
For Website security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the law.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Our site is not intended for children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us personal information without their consent, he or she should promptly contact us and we will delete such information from our files. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
Third Party Website Links
We may periodically offer links to 3rd party Websites. While we do our best to provide you with helpful, trustworthy resources, we cannot endorse, approve or guarantee information, products, services, or recommendations provided at a third party Website. Because we may not always know when information on a linked Website changes, we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any third party Website. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort resulting from the use of a link on its Website nor will we be liable for any failure of products or services advertised or provided on these linked Websites.
We offer links to you on an “as is” basis. When you visit a third party Website by using a link on our Website, you will no longer be protected by our Privacy Statement or security practices. The data collection, use and security practices of the linked Website may differ from the practices of our Website. You should familiarize yourself with the privacy statement and security practices of the linked Website as those are the policy and practices that will apply to your use of the linked Website, NOT our policy and practices.