Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) offers annual scholarships to outstanding students at community colleges and technical institutes in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming.
FCSAmerica provides two $1,000 scholarships at participating college for students pursuing a degree in agriculture for the 2015-2016 academic year. Application deadlines and processes vary by college.
For each of the $1,000 FCSAmerica scholarships, the following are the application requirements:
- Eligible candidates must be a traditional (age 18-22) full-time sophomore student enrolled in an agricultural coursework.
- Candidates must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must have a permanent residence in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota or Wyoming.
- Preference is given to those who intend to return to the farm/ranch or a farm related job in a rural community.
- Financial need will not be a consideration.
- The scholarship amount is paid out as follows: $500 paid in fall 2015 semester and $500 paid in spring 2016 semester to each recipient.
How to Apply:
Students apply by going through the application process directly through the corresponding college, either online or on campus. The top applications from each college are selected and notified by the college and the FCSAmerica scholarships are processed through the college.
The following is a list of colleges that offer the FCSAmerica $1,000 scholarships. To apply, follow the links for detailed application instructions and deadline information:
Central Wyoming College
Chadron State College Foundation
Des Moines Area Community College
Eastern Wyoming College
Iowa Central Community College
Iowa Lakes Community College
Iowa Western Community College
Kirkwood Community College
Lake Area Technical Institute
Laramie County Community College
Mitchell Technical Institute
Muscatine Community College
Nebraska College of Technical Ag
North Iowa Area Community College
Northeast Community College
Northeast Iowa Community College Foundation
Sheridan County College
Southeast Community College
Western Iowa Tech